This unique one-day business simulation based workshop enables individuals and teams to work together to explore the three stages of product trading. It encourages collaboration and co-operation to break down silos and facilitate commercial teams working more effectively together. Information, insight, tips and techniques are combined with a comprehensive case study which teams work through as they trade a product category throughout a season. Two experienced buying and merchandising professionals provide expert facilitation, advice and feedback as teams evaluate, forecast and take trading action.
This workshop is effective as a stand-alone session or as a sequel to the Range Building Challenge.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
- What’s involved in trading a category or department within a multichannel business
- How the key elements of trading can be applied within retail roles
- How trading actions differ throughout different stages of a season
- How to tell the story behind the numbers and present memorable trading information
- The importance and value of working as a team to make trading decisions
Modules in more detail
Teams work on a case study to:
- Understand the process of the trading cycle – evaluate, forecast and take action
- Trade early in the season
- Trade mid-season
- Trade the end of the season
Who it is suitable for
- Commercial roles at all levels including buyers, merchandisers, planners and category managers
- Functional roles that support category management e.g. supply chain, marketing, visual merchandising, design and technology
At a glance...
- One-day classroom workshop
- Suitable for up to 16 delegates in teams of 3 or 4
- Facilitated by two experienced retail professionals
- Packed with insight, information, tips and techniques
- Engaging activities, quizzes and action planning
- Bought to life with a comprehensive case study
- Practice sessions with expert feedback
- Accompanying workbook