This unique two-day business simulation workshop helps individuals and teams to understand concepts and best practice as they work together to build a range. It encourages collaboration and co-operation within retail teams to break down silos and facilitate commercial teams working more effectively together. Information, insight, tips and techniques are combined with a comprehensive case study which teams work through as they build a product range together. Experienced buying and merchandising professionals provide expert facilitation, advice and feedback throughout the two days. This workshop is effective as a stand-alone session or as a prequel to the Trading Challenge.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
- The dynamics, challenges, complexities and stages involved in successful range building
- How to work efficiently and effectively across functions by exploring how each area within a commercial function contributes to range building, and how people and teams work together to optimise results
- The areas in which further knowledge or skill may be needed to develop range building capability
Modules in more detail
A business simulation case study to:
- Create the strategy
- Develop the framework
- Build the range
- Sign off the range
- Revisit the range
Who it is suitable for
- Commercial roles at all levels including buyers, merchandisers, planners and category managers
- Functional roles that support commercial teams e.g. supply chain, marketing, visual merchandising, design and technology
At a glance...
- Two-day classroom workshop
- Suitable for up to 16 delegates in teams of 3 or 4
- Facilitated by two experienced retail professionals
- Packed with insight, information, tips and techniques
- Engaging activities, quizzes and action planning
- Bought to life with a comprehensive case study
- Practice sessions with expert feedback