Retail buyers will acquire the core negotiation skills in this one-day course facilitated by two experienced retail buying professionals who share insight, tips and techniques. This course will help retail buyers to plan, prepare and execute negotiations more effectively. A retail case study provides opportunity to practise before receiving feedback and expert advice. You will receive a personal TKI conflict profile which details your preferred conflict style and helps develop agility across all styles.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
What negotiation is and why it is important
How to set objectives before a negotiation
Why conflict occurs and how to respond to it
How to use a framework to plan, conduct and conclude negotiations
Tangible actions that support effective negotiations
Modules in more detail
An introduction to negotiation – what negotiation is and how it relates to cost management in a product-based business. Which levers impact costs positively and negatively and which you can influence
Negotiation objectives – establish business needs and translate these to specific negotiation outcomes
Conflict within negotiation – identify why conflict occurs, how different people respond and how this influences results and relationships. Develop self-awareness of personal conflict styles and strategies to optimise this
A six-step negotiation framework – apply structure to a negotiation to increase successful outcomes
Case study and practice – opportunity to try out new techniques and styles and obtain feedback from expert facilitators
Who it is suitable for
All intermediate level buying roles within the retail sector including those new to negotiation or role
Those with little or no previous formal training who now hold senior buying positions or have responsibility for supplier contracts
This is a classroom course.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options or simply to find out more
Also contact us if you are interested in our other retail buyer negotiation skills courses
- Two-day Advanced Retail Buying Negotiation Skills classroom course https://www.firstfriday.biz/training-academy/advanced-negotiation-skills
- Online / eLearning Introduction to Retail Buying Negotiation Skills classroom course https://www.firstfriday.biz/training-academy/introduction-to-negotiation-skills-online
At a glance...
- One-day classroom workshop
- Suitable for up to 12 delegates
- Facilitated by two experienced retail buying professionals
- Packed with insight, information, tips and techniques
- Engaging activities, quizzes and action planning
- Retail case studies
- Practice sessions with expert feedback
- Accompanying workbook
- Personal TKI profile for every delegate