The impact of climate change and sustainability in retailing has become ever more important to today’s customers. Retailers who ignore sustainability or who pay it only cursory attention are in danger of being out of step with their customers’ expectations and left behind by retail competitors whose sustainability credentials are established. In this half-day workshop delegates are challenged to explore the impact their sourcing strategy has on sustainability, via a blend of face-to-face facilitation and the use of digital resources, creating a highly interactive experience. Delegates will be challenged to think about the impacts of their actions and have the opportunity to design a sustainable strategy for their business. This is a classroom course. Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
- The definition of sustainability, what it is and why it is important
- Environmental, economic and societal influences
- How attitudes towards sustainability are changing
- Sustainability issues that can impact your business: from raw materials, to people, to fuel and waste
- How to prepare strategic initiatives that improve the sustainability of your business
Modules in more detail
- Introduction to sustainability – what is sustainability and why is it important
- Understanding the issues – digital resources will guide you through some of the key sustainability issues facing retailers
- Developing your sustainability strategy – facilitated session to discuss ideas and to improve sustainability in areas relevant to your business
- Team priorities and personal commitments – agree sustainability priorities for the short, medium and long term
Who it is suitable for
- All entry and intermediate level buying roles, and those in merchandising and planning roles who would benefit from a deeper understanding of sustainability and the impacts retail sourcing strategy can have
- Retail organisations in any sector who have identified a need to develop a sustainability strategy
At a glance...
- Half-day classroom workshop
- Blended with 6 months access to a set of digital resources
- Suitable for up to 12 delegates
- Facilitated by an experienced retail professional
- Packed with insight, information, and tips
- Engaging activities, quizzes and action planning
- Retail case studies