This one-day day workshop challenges delegates to work together in pairs to build a range and make commercial decisions in support of a strategy. Two experienced buying and merchandising professionals provide expert facilitation as they share insight, tips and techniques. A retail case study provides the opportunity for paired practice in applying new knowledge and concepts with expert feedback and advice.
This session works best when merchandisers or planners are paired to work with buyers so that complementary knowledge and experience can be combined within the activities.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
- The end-to-end range building and option planning process, and the roles involved
- Considerations within an omni-channel customer focused product proposition
- How to work collaboratively when range building and option planning
Modules in more detail
- The five key stages of the range planning process
- Understanding the customer and creating customer profiles
- Vision and strategy – creating a SWOT
- A retail case study (homeware or fashion)
- Developing the range framework
- Optional off-site store-based activity
- Building the range
- Evaluating outcomes and impact
Who it is suitable for
- Entry level or intermediate buying, merchandising or planning involved with the creation of ranges and range plans
- Assistant roles with new range building responsibility
- Anybody wishing to refresh and validate their range building skills
At a glance...
- One-day classroom workshop
- Suitable for up to 12 delegates
- Facilitated by two experienced retail professionals
- Packed with insight, information, tips and techniques
- Engaging activities, quizzes and action planning
- Bought to life with a choice of case studies
- Practice sessions with expert feedback