A simple definition of business change is a state of transition from the present state of a business to a future one. However, Change Management is about delivering successful change by preparing, equipping, and supporting individuals to thrive through change.
How you manage change impacts the things that matter most to your organisation, including employees, customers, and profitability. Given that organisations are facing faster and more complex changes than ever before, the list of reasons for needing effective and practical change management is only growing. But more than anything, change management prepares, equips, and supports employees, so they can engage, adopt, and use the change successfully. Essential, when we consider that most of us are creatures of habit and can be reluctant to change!
With industry best practice approach to change management running throughout this hands-on course, you will learn why businesses need to change and the importance of managing change from a people perspective. You will learn about a number of established tools which you can use immediately in your change journey, helping you to hit the ground running.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
- Describe and define change in a business capacity
- Recognise your personal approach to and reaction to change
- Use the First Friday toolkit to confidently identify the best-fit tools to manage the change journey
- Identify resistance to change, determine its cause and create a mitigating action plan
- Optimise the levers of change such as communications, training and coaching
Modules in more detail
- Introduction to change – What is change and what does successful change look like
- The behavioural side of change – With a focus on people, investigate the change curve and consider how behaviours help with the change journey
- Managing the change journey – Using a proven change management model, discuss the building blocks of successful change
- Setting yourself up for success – Resistance to change is a given but it can be planned for and managed. We will consider why people might be resistant, different types of resistance and how to minimise the impacts of resistance
- Stakeholder management – Stakeholders are critical to the success of any change, we will explore how to identify who your stakeholders are and how to manage them
- The importance of communication – Explore the need to communicate, consider how to communicate at different stages of the change and reflect on how to ensure your message lands
- Change readiness – Consider what business readiness means, how you can measure it and determine how good is good enough
- Levers of change – The activities you can use to turn the dial on how change is landing e.g. training, comms & coaching
- What happens when change doesn’t land as expected – Why change might not land, how you can spot when that happens and how to turn change pitfalls into change enablers
Who it is suitable for
- People who are about to start their first role as a business change manager
- Project Managers who want to know and understand more about change
- People who have been seconded onto a project/to a change role (eg: Change Agent/Partner/Champion, etc.)
At a glance...
- Two-day classroom course
- Option for virtual delivery
- Blended with 6 months access to a set of digital resources
- Suitable for up to 12 delegates
- Practical digital toolkit of templates to complement and deliver the change journey
- Toolkit guide with hints & tips and real-life examples
- Highly interactive – exercises and discussion throughout
- Knowledge check and teach back activities to reinforce learnings
- Developed and delivered by experienced change professionals
- Aligns to industry best practice guidelines