Many organisations want their managers to think more commercially, yet training on this is hard to locate when you want to develop thinking skills as opposed to learning calculations. This unique two-day workshop inspires and equips managers to think more commercially and take ownership for their contribution to business success.
It is facilitated by a senior consultant with commercial retail expertise and a guest entrepreneur with a proven record in improving profitability for many well known businesses. Their combined knowledge and experience brings learning to life and makes it relevant by applying business context to help delegates make realistic on-the-job changes to think more commercially.
Please get in touch to explore pricing options, or simply find out more.
What you will learn
- What it means to think commercially and why it is important
- How to apply a five-step framework to optimise commercial thinking and decision making
- A variety of thinking and decision making tools which enable imaginative ideas and commercially viable decisions
- How to approach risk taking with more consideration and confidence
- Tangible actions to think more commercially
Modules in more detail
- Introduction to commercial thinking – what this means in principle and practice, why it’s important and how it relates to business success
- A commercial success story – an inspiring story of working with challenges and limitations to deliver more for less whilst revitalising a well-known brand to increase its prominence
- Introduction to the 5D Thinking Framework – how to use this framework to work through commercial opportunities and make considered and informed decisions
- Case study exercise – explore commercial opportunities within a real business case study
- What commercial awareness means – how to develop it both internally and externally
- Thinking and decision making tools – what to use to enable creative or structured thinking and to support decisions
- Live commercial thinking – opportunity to think through a current commercial opportunity
Who it is suitable for
- Managers or senior decision makers from any type of organisation within any sector
At a glance...
- Two-day classroom workshop
- Suitable for up to 12 delegates
- Facilitated by two professionals
- Packed with insight, information, tips and techniques
- Engaging activities and action planning
- Case study and personal opportunity to work through